Re: a very agonying problem

11-06-2001 21:13:58, "Shaojie Wu" <swu@zmicro.com> wrote:

>Hi there,
>

>I am using the GNU debugger, the EPI jeeni to develop code for a
>custom board with AT91FR4081 processor. Sometimes when I am trying
>to download the code into RAM, I will meet a very agonying problem,
>but sometimes I did not meet this problem and the program can be
>downloaded and run smoothly. when  I met that problem, I always got
>the following message from the GDB console:
>

>---------------------------
>--------------------------
>trabfer rate: 273920 bits/second, 489 bytes/write
>RDI_execute: branch through location 0
>
>Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/Breakpoint trap
>0x0 in ?? (  )
>

>P.S. I never set any break point in the program and sometimes even I
did not
>see the above message on the console after downloading the code into
board,
>the program does not run, I need to re-connect and download again and
again.
>Any recommendation will be high appreciated! Help please!!

I had the exact same problem until I entered that command before
connecting to my JEENI target:

	(gdb) set rdiromatzero 1

see the JEENI FAQs for an explanation at:
	http://www.epitools.com/support/arm/j_7xx_faqs.shtml

You can enter this command in your GDB startup file.

	Hugo Villeneuve

  Hugo Villeneuve
  Hardware/Firmware Developer
  SoftAcoustik Inc.