__NETDEVTAB__ length is zero

Hi,

    We are using cs9800 controller on a custom designed board.  I am
able to run the TCP/IP loop back tests on this board.  In the present
configuration of eCos, when I see the object dump of a test program (not
a loop back program), the two global variables __NETDEVTAB__ and
__NETDEVTAB_END__ are having a same address.  This means, there are no
entries in the network device table.  I think, I am missing something
during the configuration of eCos.  Can anybody give me a clue?  I did
not configured any of the other devices.  I am using latest sources of
eCos.

    Thanks in advance :-)

regards,
chandra