Re: ecos on mandrake 8.0

On Thu, 2001-11-15 at 16:10, Shahmil R Merchant wrote:
> Hi
> I am a student from Columbia University currently doing a project on
> RTOS.I am trying to install ecos on Mandrake 8.0 but i seem to be running
> into error of the sort
> Symbol '__vt_9bad_alloc' has different size in shared object,consider
> relinking
> and similarly for __vt_9exception
> i did see one of ur posting so when i do a
> ldd 'which ecosconfig ' i get no such file.
> I tried modifying the LD_LIBRARY_PATH but it did not help.
> I didnt have any problems in installing the software for the machine
> also(like gcc etc)
> Just as a footnote i have an amd processor and i used the x86
> software(since amd uses x86 archtecture..so dont know if that could be an
> issue)
> Any pointers on the above would be of a great help.
> Thank you,
> Shahmil

It looks like you have a problem running 'ecosconfig'.  If the binaries
we've provided don't run, try building it yourself - the sources are all
available.  I really can't help with problems on Mandrake beyond that -
after all we are Red Hat :-)

Also, please send your questions to ecos-discuss (as copied).  email
sent directly to eCos engineers is discouraged (and simply ignored)