scheduler/printf questions

hi all,

I am currently trying to understand the basic architecture of the eCos
HAL (and yes, I read the docs which are excellent btw :).

I have two questions:
	- so that the scheduler can interrupt a task which reached the end of
its timeslice, there must be a timer somewhere to trigger an interrupt
which asks for a reschedule. So, where is this setup ? And where can I
find this interrupt handler's code ? I have tried to find it in the
ARM/Integrator example but failed miserably.

	- what are the semantics of a printf call ? I have tried to trace in
the package/langage libc source what happens but I still cannot figure
out where the data will be printed. I would expect there is a way to
configure this on different targets. For example, if the target has an
output serial port, I would expect the bytes to be written there. Is
this a safe assumption ? If so, where can such configuration options be
found ?

Any answer will be welcome :)

Mathieu

--