Re: timing analyis for ecos API

On Wed, 2001-12-12 at 13:55, shahmilmerchant@aol.com wrote:
> hi
>
> i want to measure the performance of the various API's in ecos.for e.g i want to measure the time taken to create a thread in ecos using cyg_thread_create().I would ideally want to call some function/call before and after the thread creation and measure the time for the creation of the thread.How is that possible.
>

> How do i use tm_basic to measure this?

The test program 'tm_basic' already does exactly what you are asking
for.  Building & running it is quite simple.  Here's how I do it on my
Linux development system:

  % ecosconfig new ipaq
  % ecosconfig tree
  % make
  % make -C kernel/current tests TESTS=tests/tm_basic

This would create a "standard" configuration of eCos on the iPAQ (you
pick your target and put that name here).  Then it builds the eCos
kernel and finally the test program 'tm_basic'.  To run it, you can
use GDB:

  % arm-elf-gdb -nw install/tests/kernel/current/tests/tm_basic
  (gdb) tar rem /dev/ttyS0
  (gdb) load
  (gdb) c