Re: can't read from keyboard

Girish Parashar wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I loaded a n/w application (PC as target) using Ethernet. In the
> application I am trying to read the characters from the keyboard. But it
> seems that there is some conflict between the keyboard and the network
> channel as the network thread stops working when the fgets() is done to
> receive the keyboard packet.
>
> Can some body help as to what might the problem be ?

It's almost certainly because the default keyboard "driver" polls the
keyboard. If the thread doing the polling is a higher priority than the
network thread, then the network thread will never get a look in. There
isn't an interrupt driven keyboard driver for the PC yet, but that's what
it needs.

We really should have a generic keyboard driver API, but we don't yet as
no-one's[1] ever asked for one!

Jifl
[1] with money