MBUFs resloved?: (Was: Re: eth_recv out of MBUFs)

Christoph Csebits wrote:
> > hi,
> > i am working on a FCC driver for the MPC8260ADS.
> (FCC driver is based on the Viper FEC driver)
> cvs-version 02-Oct-2001
> > i am getting "warning: eth_recv out of MBUFs" messages
> after while running the tcp_echo - "test suite".
> sending only 100 packets instead of 1024 works fine.
> > What does this message mean, where should i
> start in my driver code.

I also get this behaviour under heavy load.

It seems that once you start getting messages
"warning: eth_recv out of MBUFs" eCos never recovers.

I have a small web server running on eCos and if I hit
it slowly enough it runs indefinately. As soon as the
load goes up - lots of concurrent connections - i get
running MBUF messages and it never recovers.

My CYGPKG_NET_MEM_USAGE is 256kB

is there any patch or workaround for this?

-paul

This message was sent using World Mail.
http://www.worldonline.co.za