Re: ecos.db

    Nikolay> I want to write couple of packages for ecos. They are
    Nikolay> Ethernet and flash drivers for linux-synthetic target. I
    Nikolay> already have them working in ecos-1.3.1 but they are part
    Nikolay> of my application code. So I read about writing package s
    Nikolay> and then looked in the current CVS tree. There are no
    Nikolay> *.db files. Are those files obsolete?

The documentation you need to be reading is the Component Writer's
Guide, accessible from http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/

Specifically, you will need to create CDL files describing the package
and its configuration options. In addition to register a new package
with the system you need to update the central ecos.db database:
that process is described in
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/cdl/language.database.html
In theory this database update should be done by the ecosadmin tool,
but right now ecosadmin only copes with packages distributed as epk's
rather than ones you develop in your own repository

The process of making a distribution of your package is described in
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/cdl/package.distrib.html

Bart