Re: Porting of PPP to the eCos operating system

> I am not porting dial on demand,

hmmm. i think this is rather important though -

small ARM boards make ideal dial-on-demand ISDN and regular
modem routers. So dial-on-demand would be useful.

> about 100 kB. I know this is pretty much,

not really IMO. 100kB is pretty small

> should note that we intend to port OpenSSL to this platform also.

would you mind looking at GNU-TLS before trying to port openssl.
it is a much smaller implementation and supports non-blocking IO

> I have decided to completely remove the parts, which I am not porting from
> the code. I know this makes future updates from the original pppd more
> difficult, and also that I will have do some more testing. I do this to make
> the code more readable and easier to maintain.

myself i make havy use of #ifdef whenever porting, so you
can see what has changed *shrug*

best

-paul

This message was sent using World Mail.