Re: Porting of PPP to the eCos operating system

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 08:29:52PM +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> Erik Aagaard Knudsen wrote:
> > Perhaps I
> > should note that we intend to port OpenSSL to this platform also.
>
> I do in fact have a port of OpenSSL right here, contributed by Andrew Lunn.
> However I've been unable to make it publically available as it would be
> distributed from a US server and therefore subject to paperwork which I've
> so far not had the time to sort out (I do intend to).
>
> Perhaps if Andrew doesn't mind, I can send it straight to you, or he can.

Please do Jifl.

Note, i've not tested the SSL parts too much. For my application i
only need the diffie hellman, des and md5 stuff. At some point the
rest passed there own tests, but there is no guarantee they really
work.

Sometime in the next month i will be releaseing a newer port. To help
out with some of the legal problems i made the algorithms which need
patents conditionally compilable and added warnings in the CDL. Im too
busy at the moment to finish off the last little things.

How much interest is there in OpenSSL? If there is enough maybe we can
get a none US server somewhere while Jifl does the paperwork.

    Andrew