Re: System timer resolution and TCP/IP package

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 02:27:32PM +0100, Jurica Baricevic wrote:

> I just glanced the code and it seems that to get the stack running on 1ms
> tick one should:
>
> 1. Modify the hard coded values for 'hz' and 'tick' in 'src/ecos/support.c'
>
> 2. Modify the hardcode values in 'src/lib/select.c', _cyg_select() function,

That jibes with my recollections.

> 3. Check the cyg_thread_delay() calls:
>
> 4. Modify hardcode values in tests (where necessary).

I didn't get around to looking at tests, but I do know that
when I was running with 1ms timer ticks, the test results were
all off by a factor of 10.

> Is that all or I have overlooked something?

This has been on my list of things to do for a while now. We've
gotten a number of questions from customers about running with
finer timing resolutions, but so far none of them have promised
to buy anything if we could do so (which is usually what it
takes 'round here to get things shoved to the top of the todo
list).

It would be awfully nice if this got into 2.0 -- has the
deadline passed for that?

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com