[Fwd: Re: Redboot compilation problem.]

--- Begin Message ---
>On Wed, 2002-01-30 at 10:28, Erik Reikes wrote:
> > I think I may have some sort of package manipulation problem going on,
>as I
> > just did a :
>[snip]
>
>In your original posting you had 'ecosconfig tree' - i.e., missing the
>--prefix argument. Use ECOS_REPOSITORY instead of specifying it on the
>command line to avoid mistakes.
>
>Jesper

Thanks for the pointer.  I think that may have been a typo in e-mail.  I
looked back through my history logs and it was specified correctly in all of
the attempts I could see.

I have a quick question regarding the repository stuff.  I believe I set
ECOS_REPOSITORY to the directory where things are going to get put.  Is this
correct?  Then I run : ecosconfig new pc redboot; ecosconfig import
<proper_floppy_file>; ecosconfig tree; make.

The make file seems to always get put in the current directory, but I am
only able to run ecosconfig in the /ecos/packages directory.  Anyhwere else
I run it I either get a "error : Can't open ecos.db" or if I copy ecos.db
into that directory I get a whole mess of package errors.  Does anyone know
how to specify ecos.db so that ecosconfig can find it?

I've tried the different flags listed by ecosconfig as well as setting the
path and I believe all of the environment variables listed in the docs.

Is ecos.db a new "feature" of ecosconfig?

Seems like the is causing multiple configurations to conflict with each
other.

Thanks.

-Erik Reikes