Re: Problem with interrupts

On Thu, 2002-01-31 at 04:21, Igor Trevisan wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm having some problems trying to install an interrupt in eCos
> program.
> I read something in some mails in the present mailing-list
> and  I also found some code to take as an example.
> But I couldn't make it run successfully!!
> In the following lines I write the code I'm currently working on and
> the output it produces while running on a board derived
> from EDB7209 (with an ARM core based processor).
> Can anyone explain me why I don't see anything changed by
> the ISR?

Your code seems correct, but it does nothing to the actual timer
hardware to tell it to generate interrupts.  The eCos interrupt
facility only provides guidance for how to handle the interrupt
condition itself - it does not imply that by enabling the interrupt
some how (via magic) the underlying device gets programmed to actually
make the interrupt happen.

In this case, look at the system timer routines (hal_clock_initialize
in hal/arm/edb7xxx/current/src/edb7xxx_misc.c) to see what might need
to be done to get interrupts from timer #0.