console Vs GUI gdb on i386 target

Running PC-host, Win2000, Cygwin and i386-elf-gdb
to PC target.

I've spent some time with docs and site search but I'm
not clear about the following:

Q1. On gdb console version standard output from tutorial programs
hello.c , twothreads.c, etc comes back to the gdb console. Good.
But...if I'm running Insight GUI where can I see the
output?  I've checked manuals but I'm not
clear on this.

Q2. Can I redirect output to other display's on host or PC video?

CYGSEM_HAL_I386_PC_DIAG_SCREEN (Output to PC screen) _is_ enabled
within the i386 PC Target configuration in the 1.3.net configuration tool but
this does not seem to make any difference. Should output be going to
another device
(config tool help says that PC screen is a third virtual serial device.
What is this device
name ?)

3. Can I use the PC keyboard for standard input?

Thanks for any help -

Pete