Stopping and restarting Ethernet LAN

Hi Folks,

I'd like to be able to stop and restart the ethernet interface to my board.
 I know that the ethernet driver provides functions for doing this, but I'm
unsure what the correct technique is for accessing those functions from my
application code.

At the moment, it looks like I need to search through the network device
table until I find the interface named "eth0",  and then access the driver
functions through the device_instance field of the cyg_netdevtab_entry_t
struct. Is this correct, or is there any easier way to do it?  I have the
feeling that I might have got bogged down in the details of the driver and
missed something obvious.

Thanks in Advance

Geoff

Geoff Patch