Re: Creating customised packages for eCos

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 04:19:11AM -0000, Kaustubh  Purandare wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to create my own package other than the standard
> packages provided by eCos. ?
>
> If yes what is the procedure or where can I find the information
> about it?

Yes, you can make your own packages. Being a bit of a hacker, i tend
not to read the documentation unless i really have to :-)

When i created a new package, i used the same directory layout as any
other package. ie

net/openssl/current/{src|include|doc|cdl}

Probably the cdl file is the most difficult. I copied one from another
package and the edited it suit my needs. This is one place reading the
manual was useful. General cdl concepts are well documented. Then you
need to edit the ecos.db file. Again i just used another entry as a
template.

At this point you should be able to do ecosconfig add mypkg

and then fixes all the errors in the cdl :-(

I guess the last stage is to build an .epk. This is file for
distribution which contains the package plus other bits and bobs
needed for someone to install your package into your tree. Building
and .epk file is documented.

Probably the most useful documentation is "The eCos Components
Writer's Guide".

         Andrew