Re: Cannot communicate with RedBoot on Viper board

I am using the same board with the same settings and mine is working.  Make
sure you are using a null modem between your host and target and not just a
F-F DB9 cable.

Also, ensure that flow control is turned off in your hyperterm as the SMC
ports do not support flow contol.  Additionally press only one of the reset
buttons.  I believe it is the one labelled <something>2.  It will take a
while to get started after you see the "+" because it is initially set up
for bootp ethernet which has to timeout.  You can fix this by setting it to
fixed ip address using fconfig at the redboot prompt (if/when you get
there).

When you get there fire up powerpc-gdb with an application and type target
remote com1 (or whatever)
load
continue

and you should be running.  I started out with the Hello Ecos World
Application in the examples directory.

If you ever figure out what it takes to make the ethernet debugging work let
me know.  I tried a couple of redboot images and they all crap out during
download after gdb connects.

Good luck!

-Erik Reikes