Re: TCP/IP help needed

i've been working on multicast. my target is a pc and
82559 NIC.

there was multicast code in the driver, excluded with
#ifdef 0. i included the code but it wasn't all i had
to do: the low level driver did not have the ability
to receive in multicast mode, so instead i receive
in broadcast mode and use a software filter (this part
was already implemented and seems to be working).

the "join multicast group" call is implemented and
seems to be working. this is what tells the software
filter what to pass on.

i'm not fully operational yet - i correctly receive
the multicast packets and correctly pass on
the ones i want, but i'm not yet receiving them
at the "select" call. this last bit could be an
implementation error on my part.

i haven't paid much attention to the transmission
of multicast yet. i'll look at that as soon as i
have multicast reception working.

i would say multicast is pretty shakey, and highly
dependent on your target. on the other hand, if you
want/need/can implement it yourself, you have all
the tools here, a helpful community, and your
work (if contributed back to ecos) will be appreciated
by those following your footsteps.

hope this helps,

michael