anonymous cvs

The CVS news file
(http://ccvs.cvshome.org/source/browse/ccvs/NEWS?rev=1.93&content-type=text/
x-cvsweb-markup)
describes a change in the format of the .cvspass file for versions greater
than 1.11:

* The ~/.cvspass file has a slightly modified format. CVSROOTs are now
stored in a new canonical form - hostnames are now case insensitive and port
numbers are always stored in the new format. Until a new login for a
particular CVSROOT is performed with the new version of CVS, new and old
versions of CVS should interoperate invisibly. After that point, an extra
login using the old version of CVS may be necessary to continue to allow the
new and old versions of CVS to interoperate using the same ~/.cvspass file
and CVSROOT. The exception to this rule occurs when the CVSROOTs used with
the different versions use case insensitively different hostnames, for
example, "empress", and "empress.2-wit.com".

I think this may be related to our problems, but haven't
been able to verify this so far, because I do not have
ready access to an older CVS version. Can anyone
else test this?

Thomas

Thomas Koeller, Software Development

Basler Vision Technologies