Re: Getting Started stalled out..

On Fri, 2002-03-22 at 18:19, Brian Findlay wrote:
> This confuses me for several reasons, if anyone can
> shed some light on this I would really appreciate it.
> Some questions and observations below:
> (1) I believed once you made an simple test image for
> a supported processor and platform, it should just
> work..

Theory is a lovely thing... FWIW, FADS is unsupported and has not been
changed for many many months. It's quite likely suffering from bit rot.
We don't have any FADS boards ourselves and the port was contributed.

> (2) Is there a dependance on a RedBoot ROM, or other
> ROM (which I don't have).

No, there's no stub/Redboot support for FADS.

> (3) Where can I find the function
> hal_variant_IRQ_init.. no luck on finding assembler
> code with grep. Is there some renaming going on
> somewhere or something like this?

Grep works for me. It's in hal/mpc8xx/current/src/var_intr.c

> (4) Any good pointers to some decent documentation on
> how to download and run this, only relevant thing I
> found was
> http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/tutorials/ppc/ecos-tutorial.11.html#pgfId=2340802
> and this really wasn't much help....

Try the README in the HAL.