Re: "simulator" configuration

> Second,
>          Can I use i386 simulator instead of i386
> board,if so is it
>  possible to debuge my application on that simulator?

Do you mean simulator or the synthetic target? This allows eCos to run
as a process under linux. I use this a lot for debugging, but there
are a few limitations. There is no access to hardware devices. This
means you can run the stack, but cannot bind it to an interface
(except loopback). You cannot test code which needs real hardware,
which in an deeply embedded system, tends to be the meaning of
life. You need to somehow emulate the hardware, which means more code
development, but i've found it worth while.

      Andrew