Re: HELP building ecosconfig with Cygwin and Win2k

    George> I have downloaded the lastest build files (binutil 2.12,
    George> gcc 3.0.4, insight 5.1.1) and successfully build them on
    George> my machine. I appear to have successfullly run configure
    George> in the host directory, to build ecosconfig.

    George> When I run the Makefile, the compile fails at the link
    George> with the following messages:

    George> ecosconfig.o(.text+0x22):ecosconfig.cxx: undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_sj0'
    <snip more errors>

    George> Does anybody recognize the labels that are being linked
    George> in, and can they steer me in the right direction to
    George> resolve them?

I don't recognise them, but suspect that the g++ build did not
actually work. Have you tried compiling a simple program such as:

    #include <iostream>

    int
    main(int argc, char** argv)
    {
        std::cout << "Hello world\n";
    }

For the purposes of building ecosconfig there is no need to use the
very latest versions of gcc etc. I believe the current official
release of gcc for cygwin (http://cygwin.com/packages/) is still
2.95.3-5, and that certainly works for rebuilding ecosconfig.

If there are problems with 3.0.4 on cygwin, I suggest visiting
gcc.gnu.org and checking through their mailing list archives.
The cygwin mailing list might also provide some insight.

Bart