Re: ARM integrator board port status

Franck MAMALET FT-R&D DIH/OCF wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could anyone tell me what is the status of ARM integrator board?
> I have downloaded  CVS tree last week and try to make it work, but I
> have some trouble with running eCos tests.
> Before going further in my investigations, I'd like to know if every
> thing should run OK. (I found e-mail on this list posted on sept 2001
> dealing with legal problems?)

I manage to cope with these troubles, I send this e-mail to help anyone
who may have the same problems (I didn't find any documentation about
eCos on Integrator):
I'm working on an ARM Integrator Platform, my host is a Linux platform;
I have downloaded ecos_CVS directory on april 16th, and I have compiled
Reboot using (ecosconfig new integrator redboot; ecosconfig import
hal/integrator/.../redboot__ROM.ecm)

-arm-elf-gdb  was falling down when I try to launch any  program (cont
or step command) , generating a SIGBUS signal. Using "set debug remote
1" under arm-elf-gdb (T packet), I found that it was in
handle_exception_init routine. To end with, I understand that my program
and Redboot datas (bss section) were overlapping.
I cope with this by increasing _reserved space to 0x10000 in
mlt_arm_integrator_ram.h, mlt_arm_integrator_ram.ldi , and
mlt_arm_integrator_ram.mlt.

I had also an other problem with diag_printf function: arm-elf-gdb never
return from a diag_printf. Actually, the program was waiting for
debugger response.
Solution: serial line on Integrator should be plugged on Serial B
!!!!(serial A is OK for exchanging packet with debugger, loading program
and stepping, but diag_printf packets are only sent on serial  B,
why???????? may be a wrong configuration of eCos kernel -where as
redboot configuration uses serial A and B- )

Regards,
Franck.