Re: gcc 3.x for linux synthetic... a build question

Hi Martin,
Thank you very much for answer. Actually, you're right - gcc can be built
without any problems if --without-newlib is specified. But it doesn't work
properly for linux synthetic (see original msg). What's funny, the same gcc
3.0.4 built for xscale target (--with-newlib, of course) works perfectly.
So, I presume that the problem isn't a gcc itself. Probably I need to
correct somehow target.ld file for synthetic, or do something like this...

Thanks for your help,
rdim

Martin Buck wrore:

>rdim_outside@softhome.net wrote:
>> Does anybody know how to build properly gcc 3.x to be used for linux
>> synthetc target?

>If you followed the instructions on the eCos website for building gcc
>2.95, you probably used "--with-newlib" to configure gcc. Leave that out
>when building gcc 3.x for synthetic Linux and it should build fine. At
>least it did so for me, but I haven't actually done much with that
particular compiler, so I don't know whether the binaries produced by it
are OK.