RedBoot questions for Viper

Hi all,

I'm trying to get an updated version of RedBoot running on my A&M Viper
board.  I'm a little nervous about flashing the ROM, so I want to get
RedBoot running from RAM first.  I am running eCos Version 2.0 which I
updated by CVS a day ago.

I noticed in the eCos 2.0 repository, there were prebuilt binary RedBoot
images.  I downloaded the redboot_RAM.srec to the viper at address
0x00020000 and ran it.  It ran ok, but the build date was:

built 10:33:15, May  1 2001

The build date on the RedBoot that was installed at the A&M factory was:

built 10:35:19, May  1 2001

Since the RedBoot images in the distribution are not up to date, I want
to build RedBoot for RAM myself. Can this be done using the
Configuration Tool?  In the documentation, the instructions show how to
build RedBoot using the command line, but using the Configuration Tool
would be a lot easier.  Also, I noticed in the eCos 2.0 repository,
there is only a redboot_ROMRAM.ecm file in the
hal/powerpc/viper/current/misc directory.  The previous repository of
eCos had a redboot_ROM.ecm file and a redboot_RAM.ecm file.  Does this
mean I can no longer run RedBoot from RAM only?

Also, if I need to build using the command line, how do I set up the
environment variables using cygwin?  Do I need an updated
ecosconfig.exe?  When I installed the new Configuration Tool 2.08, it
didn't come with a new ecosconfig.exe.

Thanks for the assistance.

Paul Randall
Delta Information Systems