RE: PPP status?

Hi Gary,

> > Porting GPL'd code to eCos would violate the GPL license or
> require eCos to
> > be GPL'd as well. E.g. the Kaffe port to eCos can not be
> considered to be
> > legal.
>
> This is no longer such a concern.  As of version 2.0, eCos is now
> licensed by the GPL (with exception).
>
> See the latest announcements and the current anonymous CVS repository.

I don't see how that changes the situation? The GPL'd code from the outside
still has the GPL license (without RedHat's exception).

If eCos was GPL'd without your exception it would infect the application
developers code with GPL. But with the exception you don't but it still
shouldn't be possible to incorporate pure GPL'd code.

- Gustav