latest version:gdb stub build problem

Hi,

I have downloaded the latest cvs repository and I have built gdb stub (rom
monitor) for my SA1110 assabet-like platform, but it doesn't work.
I have already successfully built gdb stubs using the older version
(november 2001). This stub communicates to gdb through the serial port 3 of
strongarm (channel 0).

It seems that the new stub starts correctly (I observed current values) but
I don't see anything from the serial port.
What are the configuration options needed to correctly configure the stub so
that it uses the serial port as a debug channel?
There are some changing in the configuration options to be done with respect
to the older version?

Thanks for your help,
Andrea.