Re: Grahpical mode for ecos

On Saturday 08 June 2002 13:37, umesh jaiswal wrote:
> hi all..
>
> I am working on ecos for i386 pc ,some where from ecos
> mail archives I came to know that for graphical  mode
> features i have  to enable certain options from hal &
> kernel packages . if any body is having idea on this
> pls help me . I want to enable  h/w features for
> graphical mode.
>
> Regards!!
>
> umesh
>
> enSys

> http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Hi:

  No, You don't need any special kernel neither hal options enabled.   All You
have to do is to initalize the VGA yourself to the desired mode, and then
draw! (of course You loose the diag output to the console when You switch to
graphic mode).
 Why don't You try with Microwindows, it woked fine for me on an CT65550 vga
with framebuffer driver and later even with a native driver using  blitter
(much faster).

iz