redboot's platform HAL files...

Dear all:
        I am having trouble with rebuilding redboot image. My target is
to rewrite the booting assembly code to add 80312 GPIO support to help
debug progress. So I try to add some code in hal_platform_setup.h and
rebuild library ( from ecos configuration tool -> F7 ). Then I compare
the produced image file redboot.bin but there is no change bewteen two
file( before & after) except the date and time of bulding. Can anyone
tell me where did I miss in those operations?   Thanks a lot.......

Scott