Re: redboot's platform HAL files...

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 06:59:54PM +0800, Scott Hsiao wrote:
> Dear all:
>         I am having trouble with rebuilding redboot image. My target is
> to rewrite the booting assembly code to add 80312 GPIO support to help
> debug progress. So I try to add some code in hal_platform_setup.h and
> rebuild library ( from ecos configuration tool -> F7 ). Then I compare
> the produced image file redboot.bin but there is no change bewteen two
> file( before & after) except the date and time of bulding. Can anyone
> tell me where did I miss in those operations?   Thanks a lot.......

Which hal_platform_setup.h did you modify? The one in the install tree
or the one in the eCos repository. I don't think the install copy is
replaced with the repository copy unless you delete it first.

Also be careful with the dependencies on vectors.S. I don't think they
work correctly, so it may not even notice it needs to recompile
because you have changed hal_platform_setup.h. vectors.S is a bit
special in the build process and does have problems sometimes. Keep an
eye on what the compiler actually does/does not do.

   Andrew