realtek ethernet driver

Hi,
We are trying to configure RTL8139C device driver on
eCos. But it is not
reading eeprom properly , i.e., we are not getting
correct Device ID and
vendor ID. As far as we know, eeprom registers are
mapped onto PCI memory or
IO space, from which the Device driver tries to read
certain values.
Can any body please tell us, as to when this PCI
memory is allocated and
how?
So that if we get proper Memory or IO base address, we
can read the eeprom
registers from the offsets accordingly.
Furthermore, How can we know that device has reserved
which Software ports?
Regards
enSys.