Re: Redboot DHCP and gateway support

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 05:40:41PM -0600, Gary Thomas wrote:

> I'm looking at your patches and they seem mostly straight forward.
>
> * How did you intend to set ip_local_mask, ip_local_gate (assuming
>   that one is not using DHCP)?

I've got a bunch of custom startup code that reads various
config info out of an I2C EEPROM and fills in those values if
static addressing is to be used.  If DHCP is to be used, that
routine sets a flag called "use_bootp" to 1.

> * Is the DHCP mode always used, or can it be selected/configured?

It appears to be controlled by the "use_bootp" flag, but I
don't remember who's reading that flag...

> * The test for a broadcast address in __ip_send seems to be hard
>   coded for Class-C addresses.

Hmm. That could be a bug.

I've got to run to a volleyball game, so I'll have to look at
it more closely tomorrow.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com