Re: i386 with i82559 - Problems...

Try to set ESA address manually:

CYGSEM_DEVS_ETH_I386_PC_I82559_ETH0_SET_ESA user_value 1,
CYGDAT_DEVS_ETH_I386_PC_I82559_ETH0_ESA any address, or leave default ESA unchanged

With my i82559 cards, I found, that driver can't get MAC address from network card. :-(
Downloaded RedBoot image cannot find my 82559 cards too, not only network tests!

When configuring this, recompiled RedBoot finds network adapter, and network tests pass.
(Using eCos CVS shapshot 11 jun 2002)

My card with i82558B chip works fine with RedBoot, but not with network tests, so I put it on the shelf :-)

With the best wishes,

-- Vladimir

Jones, Michael wrote:

Hello!

Again I have a little problem! Again thanks to all that have helped me get this far....

Using RedBoot (Original Binary or self built) I load any of the "net" test programs.
I do this via TFTP and that works fine. But - when I "go" the programs will not find the network card or will simply return things like DHCP/BOOTP failed. Whereas the RedBoot did not have these problems...

ecosconfig new pc net

(added CYGPK_NET_BUILD_TESTS)

ecosconfig tree

make tests

went all the way down to e.g. install/tests/net/ns/dns/current/dns and
i386-elf-objcopy -O srec dns1.exe dns1.bin

now TFTP'ed it with RedBoot

l dns1.exe -h 192.168.16.24

the application starts and clams that DHCP/BOOTP Failed.

Please, has anybody got some solution?

Thanks,
Michael