redboot load file broken in cvs

I just updated my cvs a couple days ago in preparation to create
the eb40a patch and it would appear redboot can no longer load
files via ymodem.  The file appears to load until the very end when
minicom reports:

Retry 0: NAK on sector
Retry 0: Got 20 for sector ACK
Retry 0: NAK on sector
Retry 0: Got 41 for sector ACK

I then have to wait for several minutes.  Sometimes the file completes
but often a timeout occurs and the transfer aborts.

This did not happen in my previous cvs image from about a month
ago.  I noticed that xyzModem.c changed a little and load.c changed
a great deal.  Before I dig in and plant debug statements here and
there, does anyone have any idea of where exactly to look?

-tim