From: Iztok Zupet <iz@vsr.si>
To: "Mike A" <embeddedeng@hotmail.com>
CC: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ECOS] ecos for ATLAS (MIPS 4Kc)
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 10:30:46 +0200

On Monday 17 June 2002 10:05, Mike A wrote:
> Hi Iztok,
>
> Thanks for you help.
>
> Now I need a more realistic ecos build...
>
> 1. A sample ecos application over YAMON with srec output downloadable over
> the tty0 serial using “load asc:” command. Or
> 2. A ROMable application to run out of Flash.
>
> If you already have a very simple application (just a few tasks, some
> IPCs), please send it across & a Configuration file, .ecc file. This will
> get me started. It will help me a lot… This just an hobby for me.
>
> I work for openwave.com as an embedded engineer & I work on ARM7 over
> there. The ATLAS board is my own & I work on it at home. Thanks a lot for
> helping me out!!!
>

> -Mike.

Just do a "make tests" in the configuration tool and select the appropriate
CYG_HAL_STARTUP_RAM or CYG_HAL_STARTUP_ROM (also in configuration tool).

In the install subdirectory of Your configuration tool project, there will be
many test binaries (for ROM startup) or many elf images(eg for RAM startup).

Since I dont use Windows for my eCos development platform, I can't tell You
really how the Windows configuration tool works, but nevertheless I suggest:

Try to build RedBoot for Your target with CYG_HAL_STARTUP_ROM enabled, first!
Then You will be able to use GDB or Insight to download test applications
built with CYG_HAL_STARTUP_RAM enabled and debug them.

Maybe somebody else, familiar with Windows version of eCos configtool will
help You build the RedBoot for Your target. But first read about RedBoot
here: <http://www.redhat.com/embedded/technologies/redboot/>

iz