RE: OT: Strange sender address (was Re: profiler & memory leak detector)

For me it's just ecos2@c1830598-a

I'm guessing either your mail client or your mail server decided to append your domain name to the email address when it noticed it wasn't a complete email address.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Drury [mailto:tdrury@siliconmotorsports.com]
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 2:12 PM
To: ecos@navosha.com; NavEcos; ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: [ECOS] OT: Strange sender address (was Re: [ECOS] profiler &
memory leak detector)

In the email sent below, why does the From: line appear to be:

From: NavEcos <ecos2@c1830598-a.siliconmotorsports.com>

Which appears to be using my siliconmotorsports.com domain name
with a strange subdomain and an invalid user id?  Did everyone else
see this address or did they get something else munged to look like
it came from their address?

No other email from the ecos lists appears to have done this.  Did
the listserv software do this, or did the poster do this?

-tim drury