Re: synthetic-target-error

I'm not sure this is related to your particular problems, but I do
know that if you forget to use this switch:

--target=i386-elf

with "configure" that will happen.

(Refer to: http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/tools/linux-i386-elf.html)

I just did a rebuilt the gnu tools today, so I do know it works.

Anyhow: I think for a SYNTHETIC target it doesn't really matter.  In
fact, I think that used the gcc, gdb, etc that I had on my Linux box
when I first tried the synthetic target 9 months ago or so.  Things
may have changed since then.

-Rich