redboot load command on ipaq

The redboot load command on my ipaq seems to be behaving very strangely.
Initially the load command would simple stall with no output, regardless
of command line options, and I would be forced to reset the ipaq.

I tried to add some diag_printfs to the do_load function to see how far it
was getting but I never did see anything. Even with a diag_printf as the
first statement.

Next, I tore out the do_load function and all the related static functions
in load.c and wrote a simple do_load with a single diag_printf. This
works, I get the one line statement and i can continue with redboot
commands.

I put all the proper do_load stuff back in, added a single diag_printf
followed by a return and now I'm getting either gdb-stub output (from a
crash of some sort, i assume) or what looks like the output from running
the ping command (even though i typed load). Its completely unpredictable.

I'm building redboot from the CVS repository code. I last updated
everything on friday. The tool chain i'm using was built on friday aswell
using the following:

binutils-2.12.tar.gz
ecos-gcc-2952.pat
gcc-core-2.95.2.tar.gz