Re: Redboot for MBX

--- Gary Thomas <gary@chez-thomas.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 09:39, Barton Meeks wrote:

> > compatibility between old Redboots and recent eCos
> builds.)
>
> The main compatibility is with the virtual vector
> interface, used
> primarily for the console I/O.  If you can run with
> the image that's
> on the web-site, it's more than compatible with any
> [recent] eCos
> application.

I thought I has seen a compatibility problem several
weeks ago. My application would end up in Redboot
memory space, waiting forever for something related to
the serial port to change either in the quicc or the
dual port ram. When I built my application to be more
stand-alone, the problem went away.  I have not looked
at this in detail, and it has slipped down my prioriy
list compared to my current inability to make a
working redboot.