Re: Fw: sgml to html

Gary Thomas wrote:
> That's already being handled.  I finally got it going with this change,
> which I'll go ahead and commit:

Unfortunately, that's not how it should be. Really, the only
authoritative SGML catalog (at least on a Debian system) is
/etc/sgml.catalog (you can use that both for CATALOG and DSSSL_CATALOG)
and you shouldn't use anything else if it exists, even if you happen to
find other files that might look like SGML catalogs as well.

BTW, according to LSB, /etc/sgml/catalog is supposed to be the master
catalog now and woody seems to implement exactly this. So I'm a bit
surprised that you stumbled over this in the first place, since you
already should have /etc/sgml/catalog and rules.doc already should
search for it (but to be honest, I don't understand all those nested
ifs). Maybe it's because DSSSL_CATALOG should get set to
/etc/sgml/catalog as well but doesn't...

Martin