Re: Ethernet driver for linux synthetic target available

"Nikolay V. Pyatkov" wrote:

> Dear ecos-maintainers
>
> I have an alpha version of the Ethernet driver for the linux synthetic
> target. It consist of to parts :
>
> - an epk for ecos
> - a linux kernel module
>
> So far I was able to configure the ecos kernel with Open BSD stack and add my
> driver using ecosaddming. I use 'manual' IP address/mask/ESA setup from my
> application. The target wakes up, sends out an arp packet and responds to
> arps and pings from my host. The tcpdump running on the host recognizes all
> this traffic which to me means the driver works. Sure it needs more testing.
> Right now I am installing GoAhead web server into my synthetic application.
> I would like to release it to public if there is any interest.
>
> Regards, Nikolay
>
> --

Great !

But just to clarify my mind, why should we need another linux kernel
module since ethertap exists ?

--
Eric DONNAT

Silicomp Research Institute
2 avenue de Vignate, 38610 Gieres, France.
Phone +33 476 63 48 85   Fax +33 476 51 05 32
http://www.ri.silicomp.com