RE: Net crasch on mpc850

On Mon, 2002-08-12 at 00:54, Daniel Lidsten wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This was a very good tip. I havent tried it yet so i dont know if it was
> the reason for my crasches. However, i can find the below *_INVALIDATE
> on two places. As you mentioned it is located in the *_send function but
> also in the quicc_eth_recv function. Should it be replaced with _FLUSH
> there too?

No.  The "recv" function should use INVALIDATE.

I've already fixed the repository anyway, so a simple update will
get these changes.

> Regards, Daniel
>
> > There was a bug in SCC ethernet driver that mistakenly
> > invalidated data cache for the transmit buffer instead of
> > flushing it: search for line
> > 	HAL_DCACHE_INVALIDATE(txbd->buffer, txbd->length);
> > in file devs/eth/powerpc/quicc/current/src/if_quicc.c,
> > it should be replaced with
> > 	HAL_DCACHE_FLUSH(txbd->buffer, txbd->length);
> > I'm not sure if this has been fixed in the CVS repository lately.
> >
> > The SMC serial driver handles the cache correctly.
> >
> > -lq

Gary Thomas                  |
eCosCentric, Ltd.            |
+1 (970) 229-1963            |  eCos & RedBoot experts
gthomas@ecoscentric.com      |
http://www.ecoscentric.com/  |