problem in building ecos on linux

I am facing problem while building ecos on the linux.I have built the GNU tool of version gcc-2.95.2,to make ecos to use my native tool I have to set the CYGBLD_GLOBAL_COMMAND_PREFIX configuration option.how do i set this option.whether I should set this option using ecosconfig command or
editing ecos.ecc file.The ecos is building for i686-pc-linux-gnu by defaultI want to make that to use my native tool.can u help me out from this problem.

thanking you

best regards