RE: VME driver under eCos

> I'm interested to know if, under the eCos o.s., there are the
> drivers for the VME bus. In affermative case, any information is
> welcome. My CPU target board is a Pentium MMX with VME bus.

IIRC, the VME bus is, well, just a bus. You don't have drivers for a bus
itself, but the peripherals attached to the bus. The PCI bus has additional
support for enumeration and configuration, but AFAIK this doesn't exist on
the VME bus, as I think the address maps are static and there is no
configuration space. There may need to be some additional support for the
VME controller on the board, but that's about it.

More detail on the proposed peripherals on the VME bus would be needed
before your question can be fully answered.

> Moreover, I have a mezzanine serial card with height high speed
> serial line. Is it possible to drive it through the PCI bus?.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'with height high speed serial
line'. If the mezzanine card you refer to is a serial device like the 16550
with a PCI interface on it, then the standard relevant serial driver can
probably be used, with additional code in the startup and shutdown parts of
the driver to discover the device using the PCI API.

Robert Cragie, Design Engineer
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT,  UK
http://www.jennic.com  Tel: +44 (0) 114 281 2655