Re: Disabling an host package

>     Andrew> The tun interface is a 2.4 thing.
>
> Are you sure? According to the documentation I have seen tuntap was
> added in the 2.2 days. Does your system have a loadable module
> drivers/net/tun.o?

lunn@cobra:/lib/modules$ find . -name "*tun*"
lunn@cobra:/lib/modules$

No loadable module.

> It is possible that things were changed at the header file level
> between 2.2 and 2.4. The functionality I need from
> if_tun.h is the ioctl TUNSETIFF and the flags IFF_TAP and IFF_NO_PI.
> Could you do a quick rgrep through /usr/include to see if these are
> #define'd in another header?

lunn@cobra:/usr/include$ find . -type f | xargs grep TUNSETIFF
lunn@cobra:/usr/include$ find . -type f | xargs grep IFF_TAP
lunn@cobra:/usr/include$ find . -type f | xargs grep IFF_NO_PI

Nothing in the header files. I also checker the kernel sources for
2.2.17 which i had lying around. Its not a standard part of that
kernel.

        Andrew