Re: Who's maintaining CVS

> - Jani surrenders any interests in the code with the disclaimer
>   that answers the question:  "Would you be willing to sign a
>   copyright disclaimer to put this change in the public domain,
>   so that we can install it in program?"
>   (from http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain_7.html#SEC7)
>
> So, since this procedure is documented on the FSF site, I believe
> they are not against the open source 'community' spirit.

Ok you're right I didn't know about this.

> You only need to make sure that you have the legal rights to
> give away all your "Copyright interests" in this code.

Well this is a right I am sure I don't have because the contributions
are not written from scratch.That's why I asked in an earlier mail whether
all BSD network stack authors signed such an assignment?I highly doubt that.
I think most legal issues arise when the license is GPL but with BSD or
more lax licenses there should be less fear.