Re: eCos presentation

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 09:41:39AM +0200, Daniel Lidsten wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am going to give a presentation about eCos. Hopefully a lot of people
> have done this before and have some powerpoint presentation lying
> around?

It took me a while to get to this, sorry. Attached is a MagicPoint presentation
from Peter De Schrijver about eCos. I hope it is still usefull. It is still at the
1.3 level, so it may need an update.

It is Copyright Mind. Anybody can copy, distibute, modify and use it under the
condition that the Copyright statements are left intact and that Mind accepts no
responsability of any kind for this text. It is provided "AS IS". I would
appreciate that updates, corrections or other improvements are sent back to
the list or to me (I have published it on our site and will update that
version as I get improvements coming in, or from our own work).

Peter

> Regards, Daniel
>
> --

%include "default.mgp"
%page
%nodefault
%size 10, font "standard", fore "white", vgap 20, back "black"
%bquality 10
%bgrad 0 0 256 45 0 "red" "blue"

%center

eCos

%size 10
Peter De Schrijver
p2@mind.be
%page
%bgrad 0 0 256 45 0 "black" "blue"
(c) Mind NV
Overview

	What is eCos ?

	Supported platforms and devices (overview)

	Footprint

	Realtime

	Development tools

	New developments

%page
%bgrad 0 0 256 45 0 "black" "blue"
(c) Mind NV
What is eCos ?

	Embedded Configurable Operating System

	Single address space for all threads

	Realtime

	Highly configurable

	Minimum footprint : about 50KBytes

	Supports POSIX and uItron API's

	Similar to commercial small RTOS's like pSOS

%page
%bgrad 0 0 256 45 0 "black" "blue"
(c) Mind NV
Platform and device support

	ARM, PowerPC, MIPS, SH3/SH4, Intel IA32

	Serial

	Flash memory

	PCMCIA

	Keyboard

	USB slave

	Ethernet, IPv4, SNMP

%page
%bgrad 0 0 256 45 0 "black" "blue"
(c) Mind NV
Development tools

	GNU toolchain

	gdb/ddd

	"synthetic target" : eCos as a linux process

%page
%bgrad 0 0 256 45 0 "black" "blue"
(c) Mind NV
New developments