running test applications

Hello,

Thanks for all the help I've received so far.

I've been combing the documentation but haven't the answer yet...

I've managed to build ecos and link with the test applications
using the configuration tool.  When I try to run them using
the configuration tool, it is looking in the wrong directory.
I decided to try to run them myself.

Details.  I'm running windows NT.  My target is a 386.  I'm using
a serial connection, because that's what i have.  The target is
connected to the host com1 to com1.  I'm running gdb from cygwin.
I've turned on the target and get a red boot prompt.  I open
the test I want to run. I set the target settings (this is Insight).
Next I 'Run'.  I get an error saying that it is impossible to connect
when target is 'exec'.  ????  If I try to connect using the console
I get "Couldn't establish connection to remote target.  Malformed response
to offset query, timeout"

If anyone sees any blatant errors or omissions on my part, please
point them out!

Kristin