Re: please help in build of ecos!

sanjeev wrote:
Hi,
i am gettig to notice a lot of queries stating problems when installing
ecos. Can anybody give the link to the whole installation procedure to
follow so that everybody can benefit?
You have mailed ecos-discuss-owner, not the ecos-discuss list. I'm CCing the list instead.

i am trying to make ecos workfor the
first time. I intend to run it on ARM7TDMI and my host system is win2k.
I have downloaded the following things, but not yet started with the
installation and build procedure.Waiting for a comprehensive procedure from
someone for me to follow.
Resources downloaded.
1. MS vc++ installed
You don't need that.

2. wxWindows from ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/ecos/ct2
3. latest ecos source from www.ecoscentric.com/snapshots
4. cygwin
5. TCl/Tk 8.2
6. configtool-2.0-setup.exe from ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/ecos/ct2
Basically follow http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/getstart.html but you might want to make some subsequent additions to work with the latest sources, like the new config tool. Prebuilt binaries for the config tools exist, so you don't need your own installations of Tcl/TK or wxwindows.

Installing for the *first* time from a snapshot is a bad idea. For now, start by installing eCos 1.3.1 and then upgrading the config tool and sources. We are intending to improve the instructions to cover installing for the first time from a snapshot real soon now.

Jifl
--[ can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln ]-- Opinions==mine