Re: diag_printf

On Friday 27 September 2002 04:43 am, Vinayak P Risbud wrote:
>         Hi,
>             I am not able trace the diag_printf function.
>             Which function of my serial driver is called,
>             when, I execute diag_printf ?
>
>             Can any one explain me the complete flow ?
>
>         Thanks in advance
>             Vinayak

You mean the trace FROM diag_printf?

I don't have the complete rundown, but by sampling my system statistically,
the function tree looks something like this:

>diag_printf
->_vprintf (void (*)(char, void **), void **, char const *)
-+>_diag_write_char (char, void **)
-+->diag_write_char
-+-->hal_if_diag_write_char
-+>diag_check_string (char const *)
-+>_cvt(unsigned long long, char *, long, char *)
--->__udivdi3

I cannot represent the tree very well in with just text, but I think you get
idea.  This is the tree for an ethernet debug port.  I'm not using the serial
port.

Keep in mind this is from doing a SAMPLING of my system, I'm not actually
going through the code.  That tree is probably incomplete, but I think you
are looking for the hal_if_diag_write_char() function.

Hope that helps.

-Rich